2003-03-14

OK, I found another source for the quote I was looking for, on someone else's blog, oddly enough. This is the version from Yahoo!. And here's the quote (which is also the one that the other blogger used, go figure; but he picked on a different aspect of it, so I'm going to go ahead and have my way with it now):

In another swipe at the French, a Florida congresswoman has proposed that the government pay for families who might want to bring home from France the remains of Americans who fought and died in the world wars.
"I, along with many other Americans, do not feel that the French government appreciates the sacrifices men and women in uniform have made to defend the freedom that the French enjoy today," Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite said in introducing legislation providing financial help for the reburial of veterans from the two world wars.


Gee, do you suppose that "freedom" we've defended might include, say, the freedom to *gasp* make their own choices!?!? Sovereign rights, anyone? Or are they just supposed to say "Yas Massuh, whatever you say, thank you for our freedom!"?

Hmm, I haven't been intending to turn this into a political blog (Ghu knows there are enough of those already), but it seems to be leaning that way fast. I think what I had in mind was more just funny things from the news, and one of my favorite forms of news funniness is people being stupid, and there's been a bit of an overabundance of people doing that in the political arena of late. Not that there was ever a shortage, of course. So, I'll look for something else stupid in the news, or something else funny to come up.
Wish me luck!

No comments: